- Magretta, J. (2011). Understanding Michael Porter: The essential guide to competition and strategy. Boston, MA: Harvard Business Review Press. (read Chapter 5, Trade-Offs: The Linchpin)
- Lafley, A. & Martin, R. (2013). Playing to win: How strategy really works. Boston, MA: Harvard Business Review Press. (read Chapter 6, Manage What Matters, and Chapter 4, How to Win)
Each week students should review one article related to business strategy. The article can cover business strategy in fields like Finance, IT, HR, Accounting, etc.
Articles can be found in Business Source Complete or ProQuest Central.
The article text itself must be 1) at least 1,000 words (excluding title, bios, and any other related material), 2) peer-reviewed, and 3) published within the last five years. If you have any questions about using a particular article, please reach out to your professor. Article Review Instructions: In 500-800 words (including title and references) review the article as follows:
- First half – review of article contents, concepts, insights, and how it relates to business strategy
- Second half – application to your world
- Use at least one QCR (quotation, citation, reference) from the article itself
- Use at least one QCR from another source (can be a peer-review article or something from HBR, Fortune, Economist, or Wall Street Journal).
- Therefore, your references at the end of your article should have at least two entries.
- Title your review LastName_FirstInitialWk1AR
Companies have to make strategic choices concerning the products and services they put into certain markets and how they plan to compete against their peers. This can be on supply chain, pricing, distribution, market choices, etc. In this week’s paper, students will choose their own approach to the sections and insights they share. Please include a cover page. Title your paper LastName_FirstInitialWk6SPA.
“Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results.”