You will use project management tools and strategies to propose how you would support and potentially implement a small nursing informatics project. While you may not have the opportunity to implement this proposed project, this project will allow you to apply the skills needed and the considerations that are required in deducing how a project of this scope might take place in your nursing practice. To complete this project, you will define a small informatics project that would be beneficial to your healthcare organization or nursing practice. Project: Implementation of Smart Phones in Academic Hospital.
- Identify and initiate a conversation with a nurse leader at your nursing practice or healthcare organization. Discuss what you will need to develop Scope and Charter Documents.
- Conduct a SWOT analysis which will provide information for the Scope and Charter. You can use a Word document and insert a table. Directions can be viewed in the Week 3 media piece, How to Perform a SWOT Analysis, found in this weeks Learning Resources. Some of the content is relevant to both the project for this course as well as organization of your doctoral dissertation. Overall, the first step for any project, work or your dissertation, requires a plan: what you will and will not do. That information is defined in a charter and scope.
- Create a visual using the Gap Analysis map of the identified gap, documenting the flow from the point of origin to the destination. After watching the Week 3 media piece, How to do a GAP Analysis, identify the gap and analyze the flow or lack of flow of information as the gap in a process. The visual map will include the flow from the point of origin to the destination.
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) using PowerPoint slides or another method. Be sure to review the media piece, What Is a Work Breakdown Structure? in the Week 3 Learning Resources.
- Create a Project Timeline Gantt chart, which defines who is responsible, due dates to start /finish activities. (You might also use this as you track your dissertation IRB submission for your proposal). You can find an example on pp. 9596 of your text, using PowerPoint slides, or another method. Be sure to review the Gantt Charts, Simplified media piece in this weeks Learning Resources.
- RACI (responsibility chart) which outlines who will be responsible for which tasks, if working with a team. An example can be found in the Sipes text on pages 102103.
- Communication plan Include documentation of all communications, status reports, changes made, and next steps, especially if others will be responsible for helping you acquire documents such as IRB site documents if applicable. An example can be found in the Sipes text on page 109 and on pages 141143.
- Change management plan Document all changes as they occur (e.g., meetings moved, revisions of drafts of project, due dates moved due to changes, changes in scope of project, change in team members). An example can be found in the Sipes text on page 106, 108, 138 and on pages 156157.
- Risk management plan After viewing the Week 4 media piece, Risk Analysis How to Analyze Risks on Your Project, document the impact of COVID-19 on current processes and potential for change. Be sure to also document how risk may be mitigated if possible. An example can be found in the Sipes text on pages 103105.
Compile all updated and current documents from Weeks 14 to submit.
Include a description and application to practice for each of the tools you developed. Include the rationale in your submission. Address the following:
- How and why it was developed and its function (all activities will be identified in the WBS)
- How it will be applied to your project? Is it new technology?
- Who was involved in changes and what are their responsibilities? (This is the stakeholders, leadership, end users (use the RACI chart)
- In what way has this changed with the onset of the pandemic, if at all? This might be the gap analysis, change management plan. What were the changes?
- Are health information system/application upgrades scheduled or planned? Why or why not?
“Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results.”